What’s more delicious than peanut butter banana dog treats that would excite your dog’s taste buds to unforgettable thrill? Well, the not-so-savory, very peanut-y taste of the natural peanut butter combined with oatmeal and bananas is simply unmatched dog treat. It is that treat that will leave your furry friend salivating just at the thought of it.
And the best part? Peanut butter banana dog treats are the simplest and the easiest dog treat you will ever make from the comfort of your kitchen. It even gets better as the ingredients are readily available. It is made from those ingredients you probably have them in your home, and more so sure to charm your dog.
The cost shouldn’t even be a consideration because the ingredients are few and incredibly cost effective. There is one more amazing thing about this dog treat. It only takes about 15 minutes of your time to make this super-delish dog treat.
If you can’t wait to spoil your dog with this mouth-watering lip-smacking treat, then here is the recipe for peanut butter banana dog treats.
• 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, uncooked
• 1 large ripe banana
• 1/2 cup of processed peanut butter free from xylitol.
1. Preheat the oven to a medium-high heat of 350 degrees.
2. Grind the uncooked oats until they turn into powder using a food blender or food processor.
3. Use a medium bowl to thoroughly beat together peanut butter and banana until it forms a smooth paste. However, let some few tiny chunks of bananas here and there is absolutely okay.
4. The formed dough should easily stick together, but it should not stick to your fingers when you touch it.
5. Scope a tablespoon of the finely ground oatmeal and reserve it.
6. Pour the remaining ground oatmeal into the peanut butter and banana mixture.
7. Stir the mixture thoroughly to combine and form an even dough.
8. Use the spoonful of the reserved oatmeal to dust your surface and roll the dough that has all the three ingredients to about ¼ inch thickness.
9. Cut the roll out dough into your desired shape, preferably bone shaped, and place them on a parchment paper well-lined cookie sheet.
10. Bake the cut treats for 15 minutes until the treats start to brown on the edges.
11. Cool the treats completely before storing the treats in an airtight container for up to a period of one week.
12. Feed the treats to your dog in whole or by breaking into small portions depending on the size of your breed.
Whenever you find that the dough is a bit dry you can add some more peanut butter. On the other hand, if you find that the dough is too sticky add some more finely ground oatmeal. Before using any peanut butter always double check the content of the peanut butter container to ensure that it doesn’t have xylitol. This substance is harmful to your dog even when taken in a small portion. It is always a good health practice to consult your vet before feeding a new kind of diet.
Peanut butter banana dog treats are a must try dog treats as they are delicious and healthy for your dog. Dogs love bananas and peanut butter, and the combination is simply irresistible dog treats.